YB Tracking | Customer Support & Event Coordinator | Whiteley, Hampshire, UK
YB Tracking is a market-leading provider of satellite tracking services to yacht races, car rallies, adventure sports and expeditions. Operating globally with a rental stock of 1500+ tracking devices, the company has grown considerably over the last 10 years.
We are now looking for a skilled and resourceful person to help set up and manage races. You will need to be self-motivated, keen to learn, and a good communicator. You will be working directly with customers, mostly remotely but with the possibility of some onsite work and travel at times.
The quality of our service and product is paramount, and an eye for detail is important.
You can find out more about our business at http://ybtracking.com
· Help setup and support YB events such as yacht races, car rallies, adventure events, and individual rentals
· Involved with logistic planning and operations, ensuring trackers always reach events on time and in good condition
· Work with and support our 500+ individual YB customers
· Assist with onsite support for some of our larger races (around 5-6 per year)
· Involved in the rental booking & sales process
· Help with YB marketing efforts and suggest ways to increase our sales or performance
· Participate in the on-call rota for the business
You would join our small team, and whilst having the above responsibilities would also be required to assist wherever necessary in the rest of the business.
The job is full-time, although we have some flexibility on start and finish hours.
You will need
· Great communication skills, on the phone, by email and in-person
· Attention to detail, and good organisational ability
· Ability to work independently or as part of a small team, and to work closely with other organisations
Nice to have
· Knowledge of GIS tools, and ideally some land/sea navigation experience
· Some experience with GPS devices, or other electronic navigation equipment
· A knowledge of and/or interest in the satellite industry
· An interest or experience in sailing, adventure racing or car rallies
Over the first six months, you will learn from our existing team, with a view to you being able to manage entire races in full at the end of that period.
We provide health care, death in service benefit, an on-call remuneration package and other small perks such as fruit, tea and coffee in the office etc.
Job Type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week). Flexible working hours available
Location: Whiteley, Hampshire, UK
Salary Range: £22,000.00 to £24,000.00 / year
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org