£469.00 + VAT/tax
The YB3i Professional - Permanent installation tracking system, with backup battery.
The YB3i Two-Way Messenger is a truly global communication device and tracking system.
It is a permanently installed unit which uses the Iridium satellite network to transmit your messages, and your location, from anywhere in the World.
The picture shows the unit mounted on a rail using the optional Rokk Mount, which can be purchased separately
After purchasing a YB3i unit you will need to activate it online and purchase credits before the unit will operate. There are two models of the YB3i - a two-wire version for straightforward tracking, and a 4-wire version which adds NMEA capability for sending back data from yachts/ships.
- IP68 Waterproofing - Can be submerged up to 5m for 8 hours
- Sends tracking positions, and allows text-based email/SMS messaging
- Small 13-cm diameter dome
- Easy to mount using the Rokk rail mount
- Over-the-air reconfiguration of key parameters
- Truly Global Operation, using the Iridium satellite network
- Will operate on any voltage from 9-30v
- Backup battery allows operation for up to 2 weeks with no external power
- Bluetooth LE for email/SMS messaging, requires compatible phone/tablet
More detailed information about the product is available here
Once you have purchased your YB3i, there are two running costs which you need to pay. These are paid online, via your YBlog admin system.
Monthly Line Rental – £17 per month for (add £10 per month if you choose the GSM option)
You only need to pay line rental for the months where you wish to use the YB3i. There are no annual contracts with a YB3i.
Credits are used each time you transmit.
- 1 credit is used per position report.
- 1 credit is used per 50 characters sent or received.
- 1 extra credit is used for delivery to a mobile phone / SMS destination.
- 1 credit is used per ‘mailbox check’ (this feature is turned off by default, since whenever the unit sends a normal position report it will automatically check for new messages at no extra charge.)
- Credits do not expire unless you do not use your account at all for 12 months.